We care, deeply.
What feels like play to us, might feel like work to others. We are high-energy and choose to be positive. We believe that balance comes not from working less, but from living an integrated life. We continually stay up late, while striving to wake up earlier.
We love to connect the dots, consumer trends, business, economics, politics, and history. We also love to connect people and build communities.
Our team will challenge the consensus and identify false alternatives to find a better way. We are fiercely competitive but openly collaborative, confident yet humble, big thinkers but roll-up our sleeves doers.
We know that creating something unique requires taking risks, so we value outspoken contrarians. Yet we know that building scale requires forming consensus, so we listen with empathy to find common, higher ground.
We believe that sustained performance requires a systematic approach. You not only have to win, but deserve victory through the ideas you develop, habits you cultivate, and the company you keep.
When we find leaders that share our passion, mindset, and approach, we have found partners. We operate with a core belief that a team of talented people from unique backgrounds, with shared values and the right incentives, will deliver superior outcomes.
This is what we live for – to form partnerships with extraordinary leaders and build companies that deliver distinctive services and products for the betterment of consumers, patients, and students.
- + Growth equity
- + Sector focused in consumer, health care services, and education
- + North American HQ
- + Board seat(s) and significant decision rights
- + $10-50M per opportunity between initial funding and incremental growth capital required
Ideal company profile
- + Led by distinctive Founder CEOs
- + Demonstrated ability to fulfill an unmet customer need
- + Proven unit economics – whether “box” or “product” – but not yet scaled
- + Core elements of a growth platform are in place
- + $10M to $100M Revenue
- + sector specialists
- + operators at heart
- + authentic relationship builders
- + flexible on ownership
- + cautious with leverage
- + obsessive about value creation
We are not
- - generalists
- - passive investors
- - transactional
- - rigid on majority ownership
- - looking to maximize leverage
- - focused solely on IRR